Thursday, August 6, 2009

Humidity

When you read my past blog entries, how did you imagine the humidity here really is? You sure believed me that it’s not pleasant, but did you believe it can have these effects?

My cell phone and my camera suddenly have a very long reaction time… somehow they just don’t work properly anymore. It took me some time to realize that people here protect their electronic devices with a plastic cover. When I saw the covered TV in my room, I was convinced it was for hygienic reasons and admired the hotel. …until someone in Switzerland made me think differently. Danke, Fabian. J

Doing your laundry is another challenge. After 10 days I figured I didn’t have so many clean cloths anymore. Easy to resolve, right? Just wash them and in a day or two your closet will be full with fresh clothes again… theoretically!!! In fact, it takes at least four days until your clothes are in a status, which could be described as somehow close to dryness. But at that point, they have been hanging wet for such a long time that a little weird smell already took over the freshness of clean laundry.

But the worst of all: This can happen to your toiletry, if you do not wash your beauty on a very regular basis. Have you ever...? ;) Wherever you have touched it most, mould appears.

I admit, I left the fungus grow 3 days longer when I noticed… just for the sake of taking this disgusting picture. J


2 comments:

nz said...

unbelievable

döner said...

heidu, jetzt dörfsch denn wiedermol eina bringa du fuula hagel! :)