Friday, September 3, 2010

My visit to Switzerland !

My internship with TCS officially ended in July. But because Janus, this Management Traineeship Program I am part of, is still running until February 2011, I decided to stay back with TCS in India for some time. I got offered an employment contract, which I accepted.

However, I took a 1 month break in Switzerland to get a new visa and - most importantly - to visit my near and dear ones back home. That was an amazingly relaxing, energizing and just really really great break from the challenging India experience. I got picked up by my mom, sister, grandmother, aunt my friend Sandra and Fabian at the airport, got a little surprise party with many friends on evening of my arrival, went on a 1 week vacation with Fabian to Ticino (Italian part of Switzerland), visited my Grandmother in Austria, had some great nights out with my sister, enjoyed spending time at home with my mom, visited some more dear friends and family, partied during the traditional Spitzer's BEACH'N'BBQ in our house, went to various concerts. In a nutshell, i had lots of plans, lots of fun, a great time... and way to little time for all of it!

But now, I am back in Chennai and back on the adventure to explore this country, it's customs, the business culture and to learn a lot from it for my future. I have set some new goals and focus on how to deal with India, TCS and myself. For example in situations which trigger a lot of frustration. Or about the way I want to learn more about this country. Let's see what this second episode of Incredible India has in store for me.

One last thing, my blog posts have become quite rare in the last months, I plan to change this again. If you enjoy reading my blog, I would appreciate if you left your comment from time to time, no matter how short, unimportant or meaningful it might be or not. It has been giving me a lot of motivation to write, to know that people are actually reading my entries. Please keep it up! J Thanks a lot!

So now, let's see what will happen with athese good resolutions... J


some of the guests at my surprise welcome party, organized by my sister Nina and my boyfriend Fabian

the most proud grandmother in the world... of course I HAD to bring my Saree home :)

scenic Swiss landscapes

amazing holidays in Ticino with Fabian

Impressions of BEACH'N'BBQ Party: ...the grill

...the Swiss recycling concept :)

the breath-taking sunset view from our garden

4 comments:

nz said...

i like

Sandra said...

me too :)

by the way the most impressing is still the recycling bins at Spitzer's BBQ. I took just exactly the same picture :)

ninu said...

i love to read your blog...! almost every day i check if there is something new to read... so keep it running! bisou

-S said...

I'm spending all of Dec at my parents' in Michigan and it is FABULOUS! I feel you on all the stuff you wrote abt CH, and your pics! It is so good to visit home sometimes.