Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The VIP Feeling

Earlier, I had described that since I arrived in India, I can comprehend how celeb's must feel when paparazzi hunt them for a picture. To prove that I'm not exaggerating I'm showing you two pictures of mine in the newspaper! Both of them were taken in my first 3 weeks in Baroda.

First, a picture of some of the interns at a concert on page 3 of the India Times was shown.

„let’s dance“

About 1,5 weeks later I attended the anniversary of a local newspaper and even though the picture doesn’t really make the impression that this party was a success, my shot landed up in the report about it. I mean, look at my bored expression! It must be a huge thing to have a foreigner attend a party that such a picture is printed.

Oh yes, and I got the offer to be on TV as well. Actually already twice: once to be in a Bollywood movie (many young tourist roaming in Colaba, Mumbai must have been asked that question but if you look at those absolutely untalented white peeps dancing in the background of some Bollywood movies... you really don’t want to be associated with that!) and once in a report about foreigners enjoying the Indian Navratri festival. But i declined these "honours". After some weeks in India, I guess no additional attention is required.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, zu geil das bild!

nz said...

mach doch mal mit in einem Film, hab das in China gemacht, es macht sehr viel Spass...

ray ray said...

You should have taken the role, that would have been fun :) And don't give me shit, the first picture is from a boygroup pop concert! You were one of the teenies screaming, admit it!